- The parish was in the Repton sub-district of the Burton on Trent Registration District.
- The table below gives census piece numbers, where known:
|1861||R.G. 9 / 1961|
|1891||R.G. 12 / 2197|
- An ancient parish church stood in Ingleby before the church below was built.
- The Anglican parish church is dedicated to Saint Saviour.
- The church was built in 1662 by Sir Francis BURDETT.
- The church seats 170.
- The Anglican parish register dates from 1662.
- Marriages at Foremark, 1663-1812 are available in Nigel Batty-Smith's
database of scanned images of
Phillimore's Parish Registers.
- The church was in the rural deanery of Repington (or Repton).
"FOREMARK, three miles W. from Melbourn, is distinguished as having within its precincts the beautiful seat of Sir Francis Burdett, most judiciously and romantically placed, amidst scenery of a rich, bold and varied character, upon the southern banks of the Trent - the hanging hills being crowned by thriving plantations. The house is spacious, and its appearance imposing to a considerable degree; the pleasure-grounds are very tasteful, and lead down to a valley, through finely wooded avenues to the banks of the river. The church, here, which is dedicated to our Saviour, is a small, plain edifice: the living is a perpetual curacy, in the patronage of Sir Francis Burdett. The parish of Foremark (including INGLEBY township, 163) contained, in 1831, 221 inhabitants."
[Description from Pigot and Co's Commercial Directory for Derbyshire, 1835]
- Ann Andrews provides a transcription of the Foremark entry from Kelly's Directory of the Counties of Derby, Notts, Leicester and Rutland (1891).
- The transcription of the section for Foremark from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- During World War I Foremarke Hall was used as an army medical hospital.
- During World War II Foremarke Hall was used as an officer training centre.
- During World War II the parish was a "starfish" decoy bombing site. These were used to lure the Germans into bombing a site that looked like a burning city (presumably Derby), but where there were no real civil structures.
- This parish was in the ancient Repton and Greasley Hundred (or Wapentake).
- As a result of the 1834 Poorlaw Amendment Act, this parish became a member of the Burton upon Trent Poorlaw Union.