"HADFIELD is a village, in the township of Hadfield and Dinting, in the parish of Glossop, about two miles west therefrom. About thirty years ago this township was strictly an agricultural district, with a small population; but at the last census it contained 1,270 inhabitants."
[Description from Pigot and Co's Commercial Directory for Derbyshire, 1835]
The parish is on the border of Yorkshire, 2 miles WNW of Glossop and on the south side of the River Etherow.
Peter WHATLEY has a photograph of Hadfield station on Geo-graph, taken in 1977.