"HAYFIELD, an independent chapelry, generally included in the parish of Glossop, is four miles S. from Glossop, and about the same distance N. from Chapel-en-le-Frith. It is a populous manufacturing district, having several large cotton spinning factories, and one for woollen goods. The church is a handsome modern edifice, rebuilt by the inhabitants in 1818, and the interior is much admired for its neatness. The living is a perpetual curacy, and the resident freeholders have the privilege of nominating the minister."
[Description from Pigot and Co's Commercial Directory for Derbyshire, 1835]
The A624 bypass runs through the centre of the village. There is frequent bus service to Glossop.
The parish has its own Website with more information.
Kenneth ALLEN has a photograph of the Village Hall near the village centre on Geo-graph, taken in September, 2008.