KIRK LANGLEY, Derbyshire

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1861 R.G. 9 / 2506
1891 R.G. 12 / 2741
Return to top of page

Church History

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

"LANGLEY, or Kirk-Langley, with MEYNELL LANGLEY form a parish, in the hundred of Morleston and Litchurch, about 2 miles S.E. from Brailsford, on the road to Derby. The little trade it enjoys is maintained, like Brailsford, by the passing through of travellers. The church, which is dedicated to St. Michael, was nearly destroyed by a violent tempest which happened in 1545. The living is a rectory, in the patronage of Godfrey Meynell, Esq. A free-school for twelve children, originally founded in 1750, and a Sunday-school, under the patronage of the rector, are in the parish - which contained, at the last census (1831) 553 persons, being one more inhabitant than was returned for it in 1821."

[Description from Pigot and Co's Commercial Directory for Derbyshire, 1835]

Return to top of page

Directories

Return to top of page

Gazetteers

Return to top of page

Politics and Government

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page
URL of this page: http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/DBY/KirkLangley/index.html