LITTLE EATON, Derbyshire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"LITTLE EATON, (or Eaton Parva), a chapelry in the parish of Derby St. Alkmund, hundred of Morleston, county Derby, 3 miles N. of Derby, its post town. The Derby and Ripley branch of the Midland railway has a station here. It is situated on a branch of the Derby canal, near the river Derwent. There are some stone quarries, and the manufacture of paper is carried on. The living is a perpetual curacy* in the diocese of Lichfield; value £110, in the patronage of the Vicar of St. Alkmund's. The Independents and Wesleyans have each a chapel, and there is a National school."