We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
LULLINGTON, Derbyshire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer
"LULLINGTON, a parish in the hundred of Repton, county Derby, 6 miles S. of Burton-on-Trent, its post town, 7 S.E. Of Ashby-de-la-Zouch, and 4 from the Croxhall station on the Western branch of the Midland railway. The parish includes the hamlet of Coton-in-the-Elmes. A tributary of the river Trent flows through it.
In the Domesday survey this place is entered as Lullitone. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Lichfield, value £62. The church is an ancient structure, dedicated to All Saints. The parochial charities produce about £7 per annum, including £2 to the free school, which is open to the children of both sexes. C. R. Colvile, Esq., is lord of the manor."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin HINSON ©2003]