MAPPERLEY, Derbyshire

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1861 R.G. 9 / 2508
1891 R.G. 12 / 2742
Return to top of page

Church History

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

"MAPPERLEY, a township in the parish of Kirk-Hallam, hundred of Appletree, county Derby, 7 miles N.E. of Derby, its post town, and 2 N.W. of the Ilkeston railway station. The village, which is of small extent, is situated near the Erewash canal. The inhabitants are chiefly employed in the collieries. There is a Sunday-school with an endowment of £6 per annum, also a place of worship for the Wesleyans."

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin HINSON ©2003]

The MApperley Reservior and Mapperley Park are just north of the village.

Return to top of page

Directories

Return to top of page

History

Return to top of page

Military History

Return to top of page

Politics and Government

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page
URL of this page: http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/DBY/Mapperley/index.html

Hosted by Mythic Beasts Ltd.