"MARSTON-MONTGOMERY is a parish, in the same hundred as Cubley, one mile and a half from that village, and 4 N.E. from Uttoxeter, (in Staffordshire), the nearest post town. The greater proportion of the inhabitants, as well as those in the neighbouring parish of Cubley, are engaged in agriculture. The church here Is dedicated to St. Giles, and the living is annexed to that of Cubley. A school is supported here by small annual donations. The population in 1831 was 457, being fewer by 12 inhabitants than it contained in 1821, and 19 more than were returned at the census of 1801."
[Description from Pigot and Co's Commercial Directory for Derbyshire, 1835]
The parish covers 2,475 acres and includes the hamlet of Waldley. Bus service to and from Derby city is available three days a week.