"MARSTON-UPON-DOVE, a parish in the hundred of Appletree, county Derby, 6 miles N.W. of Burton-on-Trent, and 1 mile N.E. of Tutbury Junction railway station."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin HINSON ©2003]
The parish covers about 4,140 acres and lies about 9 miles south-west of Derby city. The southern border of this parish is the border with Staffordshire.