MILLERS DALE, Derbyshire
- The church here was a chapel of ease to Tideswell, built in 1880.
- The Anglican parish church is dedicated to Saint Anne.
- The chapel seats 120.
- Ashley DACE has a photograph of St Anne's Church on Geo-graph, taken in 2012.
- A CD containing a transcription of The Parish Registers of St John the Baptist's Church Tideswell contains entries for Millers Dale ("Milnhouse Dale") residents. Added 22 May 2007.
"MILLAR'S DALE, a spot on the river Wye, under Raven's Tor, in the parish of Tideswell, county Derby, 4 miles N.W. of Bakewell." >
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin HINSON ©2003]
Railway service ceased here in 1970, but the car park is still in use for visitors. There are many nature preserves in the area.
Alan HEARDMAN has a photograph of part of Miller's Dale on Geo-graph, taken in 2008.
- Ann ANDREWS provides a transcription of the Miller's Dale entry under Tidewell from Kelly's Directory of the Counties of Derby, Notts, Leicester and Rutland (1891).
- The site maintainer is still trying to find out if this place was just a hamelt or a parish.
- This parish was in the ancient High Peak Hundred (or Wapentake).
- As a result of the 1834 Poorlaw Amendment Act this place became part of the Bakewell Poolaw Union.