"PACKINGTON is a parish, partly in the hundred of Repton and Gresley, and partly in the western division of the hundred of Goscote, county of Leicester. The village, which is about a mile and three quarters S. by E. from Ashby-de-la-Zouch, contains the parish church, dedicated to the Holy Rood; the living of which is a vicarage, in the patronage of Sir Charles Abney Hastings, Bart. The parish contained, (including the hamlet of Snibstone), in the year 1831, 730 persons."
[Description from Pigot and Co's Commercial Directory for Derbyshire, 1835]
NOTE: See also the Leicestershire entry.