Some parishes may be noted as being "ex. par." = extra-parochial.
" An extra-parochial area was land uninhabited
in Anglo-Saxon times and outside the jurisdiction of any civil or ecclesiastical
parish. No poor or church rates were paid, though tithes in theory went to the
Crown. A resident could choose the nearest convenient parish for baptisms, etc."
[Ref: The Parish Registers of Herefordshire, J Harnden, 1987, ISBN 0 9512347 0 6]
Parish descriptions are also available on Ann ANDREWS'
Derbyshire's Parishes, 1811 pages.