- The Anglican parish church for Ravenstone is dedicated to the Saint Michael and All Angels.
- The Anglican parish register dates from 1705 and is in very good condition.
"RAVENSTONE, a parish in the hundreds of West Goscote and Repton, counties Leicester and Derby, 3½ miles S.E. of Ashby-de-la-Zouch, its post town, and 2½ S.W. of the Coalville railway station. The village, which is of small extent, is chiefly agricultural. A portion of the inhabitants are engaged in the collieries. There are also some brick-kilns. The parish is intersected by the road from Leicester to Ashby, and the railway from Swannington to Leicester runs about a mile distant from the village."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of
Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
See also Ravenstone in Leicester.
- The transcription of the section for Ravenstone from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- This Derbyshire portion of this parish was in the ancient Repton and Gresley Hundred (or Wapentake).