"ROSLISTON is a parish (having no dependent town-ship), in the hundred of Repton and Gresley, 4 miles and a half S.W. from Burton-upon-Trent. The church, which is dedicated to St. Mary, was rebuilt by subscription in 1827; the living is a curacy, subordinate to the rectory of Walton-upon-Trent. The parish contained, in 1831, 360 persons, being one more inhabitant than it contained, at the census taken in 1821."
[Description from Pigot and Co's Commercial Directory for Derbyshire, 1835]
The parish is 121 miles north of London and is due south of Burton-on-Trent.