ROSLISTON, Derbyshire

Census
Census
Year
Piece No.
1861 R.G. 9 / 1963
1891 R.G. 12 / 2200
Return to top of page

Church History

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

"ROSLISTON is a parish (having no dependent town-ship), in the hundred of Repton and Gresley, 4 miles and a half S.W. from Burton-upon-Trent. The church, which is dedicated to St. Mary, was rebuilt by subscription in 1827; the living is a curacy, subordinate to the rectory of Walton-upon-Trent. The parish contained, in 1831, 360 persons, being one more inhabitant than it contained, at the census taken in 1821."

[Description from Pigot and Co's Commercial Directory for Derbyshire, 1835]

The parish is 121 miles north of London and is due south of Burton-on-Trent.

Return to top of page

Directories

Return to top of page

Gazetteers

Return to top of page

History

Year  Person
1855 George WETTON, vict.
1857 George WOTTON, vict.
1891 Harry PEACH
1912 Harry PEACH
Return to top of page

Military History

Return to top of page

Politics and Government

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page

Schools

Mike SPENCER contributes a list of School Admissions.

Return to top of page
URL of this page: http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/DBY/Rosliston/index.html