Somercotes was originally a Chapel of Ease for Riddings parish.
The Anglican parish chapel is dedicated to Saint Thomas.
The chapel was built in 1852 and an ecclesiastica parish was created the following year.
The chapel was restored in 1878.
The chapel seats 500.
Bill HENDERSON has a photograph of St. Thomas Church on Geo-graph, taken in August, 2006.
Members of Somercotes Church have produced a booklet about the village containing stories from local people about the Village and St. Thomas's Church. The cost is £3 plus p&p. They have also produced a video, containing pictures of church processions, price £10 plus p&p. All proceeds go to St. Thomas's Church.
For further information please contact Margaret BROOKSBANK, telephone (+44)(0)1773 604916.