STANLEY, Derbyshire

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1861 R.G. 9 / 2494
1891 R.G. 12 / 2726
Return to top of page

Church History

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

"STANLEY, a chapelry in the parish of Spondon, hundred of Appletree, county Derby, 6 miles N.E. of Derby, its post town, and 4 W. of Ilkeston railway station. The village is small, and chiefly agricultural. Rope making is carried on. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Spondon, in the diocese of Lichfield. The church is dedicated to St. Andrew. The charities produce about £1 per annum. The Wesleyans have a chapel."

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin HINSON ©2003]

Return to top of page

Directories

Return to top of page

Military History

Return to top of page

Politics and Government

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page
URL of this page: http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/DBY/Stanley/index.html