STANTON BY BRIDGE, Derbyshire

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1861 R.G. 9 / 2489
1891 R.G. 12 / 2720
Return to top of page

Church History

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

"STANTON-BY-BRIDGE, so named from an ancient bridge, which crosses the Trent here, and connects this parish with that of Swarkeston, is nearly 7 miles S.E. from Derby, and about two N.W. from Melbourn. The church, which is dedicated to St. Michael, is partly in the Norman and partly in the decorated style of architecture: the living is a rectory, in the patronage of Sir George Crewe. The population, at the census for 1831, was 215."

[Description from Pigot and Co's Commercial Directory for Derbyshire, 1835]

Review the Stanton by Bridge photographs before you visit.

Return to top of page

Directories

Return to top of page

Gazetteers

Return to top of page

Military History

Return to top of page

Politics and Government

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page
URL of this page: http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/DBY/StantonBridge/index.html

Hosted by Mythic Beasts Ltd.