STAVELEY, Derbyshire

Cemeteries

Return to top of page

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1861 R.G. 9 / 2535 & 2536
1891 R.G. 12 / 2759 & 2768 & 2769
Return to top of page

Church History

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

"STAVELEY is a parish, in the hundred of Scarsdale, the village being about five miles E.N.E. from Chesterfield, and three S.W. from Barlborough; situate near the banks of the river Rother, and the Chesterfield canal. In the neighbourhood are mines of coal and iron-stone, with furnaces for smelting the ore; and in the village is a manufactory for painting brushes of a superior description, and brushes for machinery, belonging to a Mr. Fletcher."

[Description from Pigot and Co's Commercial Directory for Derbyshire, 1835]

Return to top of page

Directories

Return to top of page

Gazetteers

Return to top of page

History

Return to top of page

Military History

Return to top of page

Military Records

There are 25 Commonwealth War Graves in the parish cemetery from the two World Wars.

Return to top of page

Politics and Government

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page

Schools

Return to top of page
URL of this page: http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/DBY/Staveley/index.html

Hosted by Mythic Beasts Ltd.