From the Derbyshire UK site: "The nearest church is at Hanley village, a part of the Stretton Parish. The church there began life in 1875 as a church of England day school. It then adopted a dual role of school on weekdays and church on Sundays, finally becoming exclusively a church when the new school was built.
A church was built here in 1899, but it was taken down in 1971.
"STRETTON, a township in the parish of North Wingfield, hundred of Scarsdale, county Derby, 3½ miles N.W. of Alfreton. It is a station on the Midland Counties railway. It is situated on the Roman way to Temple Brough."