"TICKNALL is a parish and village, in the same hundred as Repton, the village being about 4 miles S.E. from Repton, and about 5½ N.N.W. from Ashby-de-la-Zouch. Within the parish are very extensive lime-works, wrought to great advantage, together with kilns for burning their produce. The lime is conveyed by rail-road to the Ashby canal, and from thence distributed to more remote parts of the country."
[Description from Pigot and Co's Commercial Directory for Derbyshire, 1835]
David GRIMSHAW has a photograph of the Village Hall on Geo-graph, taken in October, 2005. Visitors should drop in and ask for a schedule of forth-coming events.
Scaddows Wood is a new planting of trees as part of the National Forest, just north of the village.