"WEST HALLAM is a small parish (having no dependent township) in the same hundred as Ilkeston, two miles S.W. from that town. It contains the parish church, which is dedicated to St. Wilfrid, and a free school, originally endowed by the Rev. John Scargill, in 1662. The living of Hallam is a discharged rectory, in the patronage (some years since) of Francis Newdigate, Esq. The parish contained, in 1831, 710 inhabitants."
[Description from Pigot and Co's Commercial Directory for Derbyshire, 1835]
The Nutbrook branch of the Erewash canal passes down the east side of the parish. The parish is about 133 miles north of London, 9 miles west of Nottingham and covers 1,360 acres. David LALLY has a photograph of the Village Hall on Geo-graph, taken in February, 2013. One should stop in and ask for a schedule of forth-coming events.