WEST HALLAM, Derbyshire

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1861 R.G. 9 / 2493
1891 R.G. 12 / 2726
Return to top of page

Church History

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

"WEST HALLAM is a small parish (having no dependent township) in the same hundred as Ilkeston, two miles S.W. from that town. It contains the parish church, which is dedicated to St. Wilfrid, and a free school, originally endowed by the Rev. John Scargill, in 1662. The living of Hallam is a discharged rectory, in the patronage (some years since) of Francis Newdigate, Esq. The parish contained, in 1831, 710 inhabitants."

[Description from Pigot and Co's Commercial Directory for Derbyshire, 1835]

The Nutbrook branch of the Erewash canal passes down the east side of the parish. The parish is about 133 miles north of London, 9 miles west of Nottingham and covers 1,360 acres. David LALLY has a photograph of the Village Hall on Geo-graph, taken in February, 2013. One should stop in and ask for a schedule of forth-coming events.

Return to top of page

Directories

Return to top of page

Gazetteers

Return to top of page

History

Return to top of page

Military History

Return to top of page

Politics and Government

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page
URL of this page: http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/DBY/WestHallam/index.html

Hosted by Mythic Beasts Ltd.