"WESTON-UPON-TRENT is a small parish, in the same hundred as Shardlow, the village being about two miles south from Aston, and four from Shardlow. The Trent & Mersey canal passes through the parish - which is in the honour of Tutbury. One mile hence is Donington park, one of the seats of the Marquess of Hastings. The church is dedicated to St. Mary: the living is a rectory, in the patronage of Sir Robert Wilmot, Bart. The parish contained at the last census (1831), 387 inhabitants, being an increase only of seven persons since the returns made thirty years before."
[Description from Pigot and Co's Commercial Directory for Derbyshire, 1835]
Ian CALDERWOOD has a photograph of the Village Hall on Geo-graph, taken in September, 2007. This is a good place for visitors to get a schedule of forth-coming events.