WHITWELL, Derbyshire

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1861 R.G. 9 / 2422
1891 R.G. 12 / 2647
Return to top of page

Church History

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

"WHITWELL is a parish, in the hundred of Scarsdale; the village is situate at the N.E. extremity of the county, and is twelve miles N.E. from Chesterfield. The Duke of Portland is lord of the manor. The church is dedicated to St. Lawrence; the living is a rectory, in the patronage of the Duke, and in the incumbency of the Rev. George Mason, of Cuckney, Nottinghamshire; the Rev. J. Harnage is the present curate."

[Description from Pigot and Co's Commercial Directory for Derbyshire, 1835]

The parish is 4 miles west of Worksop and covers 4,880 acres.

Return to top of page

Directories

Return to top of page

Gazetteers

Return to top of page

History

Return to top of page

Military History

Return to top of page

Politics and Government

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page

Societies

Return to top of page
URL of this page: http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/DBY/Whitwell/index.html

Hosted by Mythic Beasts Ltd.