WILLINGTON, Derbyshire

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1861 R.G. 9 / 1961
Return to top of page

Church History

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

"WILLINGTON is a parish, in the hundred of Morleston and Litchurch, about five miles N.E. from Burton-upon-Trent, and about two N.W. from Repton. The river Trent and the Grand Trunk canal pass through the parish. The church is dedicated to St. Michael: the living is a discharged vicarage, in the patronage of the corporation of Etwall and Repton. Population of the parish, in 1821, 411, and in 1831, 402."

[Description from Pigot and Co's Commercial Directory for Derbyshire, 1835]

The parish is in south Derbyshire just 6 miles south of Derby city on the north bank of the River Trent. The parish covers almost 1,200 acres.

Return to top of page

Directories

Return to top of page

Gazetteers

Return to top of page

History

Return to top of page

Politics and Government

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page
URL of this page: http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/DBY/Willington/index.html