"YEAVELEY, a chapelry [of Shirley], 4 miles S. from Ashbourn. The church, dedicated to the Holy Trinity, is a neat brick structure, with a tower and one bell. The living is a perpetual curacy; the vicar of Shirley, patron, and Rev. Henry S. Pearson, B.A., incumbent. A national school was erected in 1840; and the Independents have a chapel, in which they have service on a portion of the Sunday, and the Primitive Methodists occupy it on the other portion."
[Description from Harrison, Harrop & Co.'s Directory & Gazetteer of Derbyshire, 1860]
Hales Green is a small village 1 mile north-west of Yeaveley, Stydd, formerly STEDDE, is a former Township 1 mile south-west of the village.