YEAVELEY, Derbyshire

Cemeteries

Return to top of page

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1861 R.G. 9 / 2519
1891 R.G. 12 / 2751
Return to top of page

Church History

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

"YEAVELEY, a chapelry [of Shirley], 4 miles S. from Ashbourn. The church, dedicated to the Holy Trinity, is a neat brick structure, with a tower and one bell. The living is a perpetual curacy; the vicar of Shirley, patron, and Rev. Henry S. Pearson, B.A., incumbent. A national school was erected in 1840; and the Independents have a chapel, in which they have service on a portion of the Sunday, and the Primitive Methodists occupy it on the other portion."

[Description from Harrison, Harrop & Co.'s Directory & Gazetteer of Derbyshire, 1860]

Hales Green is a small village 1 mile north-west of Yeaveley, Stydd, formerly STEDDE, is a former Township 1 mile south-west of the village.

Return to top of page

Directories

Return to top of page

Gazetteers

Return to top of page

Military Records

Return to top of page

Politics and Government

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page
URL of this page: http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/DBY/Yeaveley/index.html

Hosted by Mythic Beasts Ltd.