YOULGREAVE (Ancienty "Giolgrave"), Derbyshire

Bibliography

Return to top of page

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1861 R.G. 9 / 2540 and 2541
1891 R.G. 12 / 2775
Return to top of page

Church History

Return to top of page

Church Records

  1. Baptisms 1558-1980
  2. Marriages 1558-1718, 1721-1988
  3. Banns 1754-1797
  4. Burials 1558-1956
Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

"YOULGRAVE is a village in the parish of its name, which is partly in the hundred of Wirksworth, and partly in that of High Peak; about 3 miles S. by W. from Bakewell. It contains the parish church, a good building, dedicated to All-Saints, and a place of worship each for the Wesleyan and primitive methodists. The living of Youlgrave is a discharged vicarage, in the patronage of the Duke of Devonshire: the present incumbent is the Rev. Benjamin Pidcock. The parish contained, at tine last census, 3,081 inhabitants, and the township 951 of that number."

[Description from Pigot and Co's Commercial Directory for Derbyshire, 1835]

Youlgreave is 157 miles north of London and covers about 2,956 acres. The rivers Bradford and Lathkill flow through the parish and unite at Alport.

Mick GARRATT has a photograph of the Village Hall on Geo-graph, taken in March, 2011. Stop in and ask for a schedule of forth-coming events.

Return to top of page

Directories

Return to top of page

Gazetteers

Return to top of page

Military Records

There are five Commonwealth War Graves in All Saints churchyard.

Return to top of page

Names, Geographical

Return to top of page

Politics and Government

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page
URL of this page: http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/DBY/Youlgreave/index.html