Clovelly Victuallers Licenses (1660-1664)
From Quarter Sessions Records at the Devon Record Office
Names extracted by Ian Stoyle
Note: the records are in an early 17th century hand using abbreviated Latin, so were difficult to decipher.
Quarter Sessions QS/62/15/6/2 (1660)
- John POLLARD - supported by Nicholas PRUST & Richard ASHDOWN
- (illegible) COMBE - supported by Nicholas PRUST & Richard ASHDOWN
- ?Jane WHITE - supported by Nicholas PRUST & Richard ASHDOWN
Quarter Sessions QS/62/15/6/3 (1663)
- John POLLARD - Henry TOMS & Richard BRIGHOLL?
- Henry TOMS - John POLLARD & Richard BRIGHOLL?
- Henry TOMS & Wm BROOKS - John MUGFORD, Peter PRUST, Richard B, Peter LAPTHORN
Quarter Sessions QS/62/15/6/4 (1664)
- William ROW & Bartholomew ("Bartholomus") COOKE/COOTE - John POLLARD
- William ROW & Bartholomew C - Henry TOMBES
(In this last set, the sureties names may precede those of the victuallers.)
Brian Randell, 27 May 2004