[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)]
"COMBE-IN-TEIGNHEAD, a parish in the hundred of Wonford, in the county of Devon, 3 miles S.W. of Teignmouth, and 3 E. of Newton Abbot, its post town, both which places are stations on the South Devon line. It is situated near the mouth of the river Teign. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Exeter, value £324, in the patronage of J. W. Harding and W. Long, Esqrs. The church is an ancient stone edifice recently restored. There are National schools and an almshouse. The charities amount to £3. 7s. per annum. Henry Michel More Esq., is lord of the manor."