Open a form to report problems or contribute information
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)]
"CORYTON, a parish in the hundred of Lifton, in the county of Devon, 6 miles N. of Tavistock, and 9 from Launceston. Lew Trenchard is its post town. It is situated on the river Lyd. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Exeter, value £208, in the patronage of Sir L. Newman, Bart. The church, dedicated to St. Andrew, is a small stone edifice. There are National schools. The charities amount to £20. Coryton House, formerly the seat of the Belly family, who held the manor, is now a farmhouse."