"St. Lawrence's Church, in High street, is a neat plastered structure, with a tower and one bell. It was repaired and newly seated in 1847, at the cost of about £600. It has a handsomely carved oak screen, and a curious painted altar-piece, in the pseudo-classic style, with emblems of the Mosaic covenants. Over the principal entrance is a small statue of Queen Elizabeth, which formerly ornamented a conduit that stood in the middle of the street. Its parish had anciently two chapels, dedicated to St. Bartholomew and the Holy Trinity. The rectory, valued at £135, is in the patronage of the Lord Chancellor, and incumbency of the Rev. W.G. Heathman, B.A." [From White's Devonshire Directory (1850)]
Parish in the Eastern corner of the walled city of Exeter, its population in 1801 was 548. Bradninch Precinct was an extra-parochial place, with 41 inhabitants in 1811, whose nearest churches were St Lawrence, St Stephen and St Paul.
Hoskins, W.G. Extracts from the lay subsidy rolls...for the parishes of Luppitt [1591, 1660], Cotleigh , Monkton , Shute , Northleigh , Farway  and lists of the inhabitants of the precinct of Bradninch in Exeter, 1708, 1732, 1752, Manuscript (1935). [D&CRS Library, Exeter: P1660]