"St. Petrock's Church, in High street, near the Cathedral yard, was rebuilt in 1829, and is so closely surrounded with houses that the only part of it visible from the street is the tower with its projecting clock. The sacramental plate is very superb, and comprises two cups dated 1572 and 1640, and two flagons, dated 1692. In the tower are six bells. The rectory is consolidated with that of St. Kerrian. St. Petrock was one of the early propagators of christianity, and gave name to Petrockstowe, in Devonshire." [From White's Devonshire Directory (1850)]
A small parish in the centre the old walled City of Exeter. Its population in 1801 was 287.