A Topographical Dictionary of England
Samuel Lewis (1831)
Transcript copyright Mel Lockie (Sep 2016)
GEORGEHAM, a parish in the hundred of BRAUNTON,
county of DEVON, 8 miles (N. W. by W.) from
Barnstaple, containing 811 inhabitants. The living is
a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Barnstaple, and diocese
of Exeter, rated in the king's books at £40. 17.11.
and in the patronage of Sir A. Chichester, Bart. The church
is dedicated to St. George. Here is a charity school
with a small endowment, in which between twenty and
thirty children are instructed.