Transcribed from William White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Devonshire 1850, by Terry Partridge.
KINGSTON, a small scattered village, 3½ miles S.S.W. of Modbury, has in its parish 529 souls, and 2233 acres of land, extending westward to the Erme estuary and southward to Bigbury Bay. The manor of Kingston belongs to Rd. Julian, Esq., and that of Scobbescombe to T. Bulteel, Esq. The Wise family own Langston and Wonwell, and the Duke of Somerset and a few smaller owners have estates here. The Church is a small ancient structure, and the living is a curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Ermington.
Crocker Richard Dingle Joseph Lakeman Rd. Langworthy Edn. Loy Rd. Wonwell Martin Jph. Tor Pearce Richard Ryder John Ryder Henry, Tor * Sparrow John Stidson James Stidson Wm. Triggs Philip * Walker Wm. White Jane Willson Robert Worth Wm. Wyatt Francis