[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)]
"LITTLE TORRINGTON, a parish and township in the hundred of Shebbear, county Devon, 2 miles S. of Great Torrington, and 8 S.E. of Bideford. It is situated on the river Torridge. The parish includes the hamlet of Taddiport, and the manors of Taddiport and Little Torrington. The principal seats are Liney, of Mrs. Stevens, who is lady of the manor; and Cross, of Sir Trevor Wheeler, Bart. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Exeter, value £460, in the patronage of the trustees of Lord Rolle and others. The church, dedicated to St. Giles, contains several ancient monuments. There are a chapel-of-ease at Taddiport, and an infant school; and at Little Taddington there is a parochial school. The charities produce about £35 per annum.