LITTLEHAM (Near Bideford)
From White's Devonshire Directory of 1850
LITTLEHAM, a village and parish, 2 miles S. by W. of Bideford, has 390 souls, and 1290 acres of land. Mrs. and Miss Anthony are ladies of the manor, owners of a great part of the soil, and patrons of the rectory, valued in K.B. at £14. 16s. 10½d., and in 1831 at £241, and now held by the Rev. J. L. Harding, B.A., who has 97A. of glebe, and an elegant residence, in the Grecian style, with a beautiful lawn, &c. The tithes were commuted in 1811 for £204 per annum. The Church (St. Andrew,) is a small antique fabric, with a tower and four bells. Its windows are enriched with stained glass, and the fabric was repaired and beautified in 1848-9, at the cost of about £200. J. Heal, Esq., and a few smaller owners have estates in the parish. The poor have the interest of £16.10s., and there is in the village a small Wesleyan chapel.
Crealock Jas. shoemkr. & vict. Hoop
Harding Bev. John Limebear, B.A. Rectory
Marshall Wm. tailor
Shutt John, mason, &c.
Sing Thomas, shoemaker
Touchet John, gent. High Park
Heywood Wm., Court
Brian Randell, 26 Aug 1999