[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)]
"MILTON-DAMEREL, a parish in the hundred of Black Torrington, county Devon, 6 miles N.E. of Holsworthy, its post town, and 12 S. of the Bideford railway station. The village, which is wholly agricultural, is situated on the river Waldon, and on the Waldon high road from North Devon to Plymouth. The soil is of various qualities. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £315. The living is a rectory* with the perpetual curacy of Cookbury annexed, in the diocese of Exeter, value £378. The church, dedicated to the Holy Trinity, is an ancient stone structure, with a tower containing three bells. A Sunday-school is held at the church, and there are day and Sunday schools at Cookbury. Lord Courtenay is lord of the manor."