Open a form to report problems or contribute information
A Topographical Dictionary of England
Samuel Lewis (1831)
Transcript copyright Mel Lockie (Sep 2016)
MOLLAND, a parish in the hundred of SOUTH MOLTON, county of DEVON, 7 miles (E. N. E.) from South Molton, containing 456 inhabitants. The living is a vicarage not in charge, united to that of Knowstone, in the archdeaconry of Barnstaple, and diocese of Exeter. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. Eight poor children are educated by a schoolmistress for £4 a year, the gift of Thomas Clarke, in 1776. There are vestiges of an ancient earthwork within the parish.