MOREBATH, a parish in the hundred of BAMPTON, county of DEVON, 2¼ miles (N. by W.) from Bampton, containing 415 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Exeter, rated in the king's books at £7. 8. 9., and in the patronage of Thomas E. Clarke, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. George. Here is an almshouse for two poor persons. A charity school was endowed, in 1688 by Mr. John Brook, with £10 a year, for the instruction of poor children of the parish.