[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)]
"PANCRASWEEK, (or Wyke St. Pancras), a parish in the hundred of Black Torrington, county Devon, 3 miles N.W. of Holsworthy, its post town, and 5 from Stratton, in Cornwall. The village, which is of small extent, is situated on the Bude canal, near the river Tamar. It is wholly agricultural. At Lana, in this parish, is the site of an ancient chapel. The living is a curacy annexed to the vicarage* of Bradworthy, in the diocese of Exeter. The church, dedicated to St. Pancras, has a lofty tower containing five bells. There is a Sunday-school belonging to the Wesleyans, who have a place of worship.