White's 1850 Directory names Rev W J Coppard as the incumbent of St Mary's Church. He was also Rural Dean of Plympton. Kelly's 1973 Directory indicates that the West window of the church is dedicated to his memory. The hamlets of Ridgeway, Underwood, Colebrook, Hemerdon, Sparkwell, Venton, and Lee Mill Bridge lie within the parish. His paper was read at the quarterly meeting of the Diocesan Architectural Society, May 12, 1853. This rare book was produced from a digital copy held by the University of Michigan Library that can be downloaded from Google Books. Those on which copyright has expired are available for free educational and research use, both as individual books and as full collections to aid researchers.