Open a form to report problems or contribute information
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)]
"SHAUGH PRIOR, a parish in the hundred of Plympton, county Devon, 6 miles N.E. of Earl's Plympton, its post town. The village, which is of small extent, is situated on the river Plym. There are tin and iron mines, and granite is quarried. At Morley are earthenware works. The living is a perpetual curacy annexed to that of Sampford Spiney, in the diocese of Exeter. The parochial charities produce about £12 per annum. At Lee Moor are traces of an ancient British town."