From White's Devonshire Directory of 1850
SYDENHAM DAMAREL, or South Sydenham, is a scattered parish, on the eastern side of the Tamar valley, from four to five miles W.N.W of Tavistock, containing 369 souls, and about 2200 acres of land. The Executors of the late John Carpenter, Esq., are lords of the manor, owners of a. great part of the soil, and patrons of the rectory, valued in K.B. at £10.6s.8d., and in 1831 at £245. The Rev. C. E. Radclyffe, M.A., is the incumbent, and has 102A. of glebe, and a large residence. The tithes have been commuted for £165 per annum. The Church (St. Mary) is a small fabric, in the perpendicular style, with a handsome tower, containing five bells. The poor have £20 a year from Tremayne's Charity, as noticed at page 801. Here is a small Bible Christian chapel, erected in 1832. H. Rundle, G.C. Bloye, J.S. Lethbridge, J.H. Gill, and Hy. Hoidge, have estates in the parish.
Bloye Mr G.C.
Bullivant Mr. mine agent
Burrow Richard, corn miller
Foot Matthew, vict., Horsebridge Inn
Hancock Natl. shopkeeper & carpenter
Pellow Wm. vict., New Inn
Radclyffe Rev Chas. Edw., M.A. Rectory
Cole Wm. B.
Brian Randell, 2 Sep 2003