"THRUSHELTON, or Thruselton, is a scattered parish, 10 miles S.W. by W. of Okehampton, containing 628 souls, and 3714A. of land, generally having a heavy soil, resting on clay, limestone, and manganese. T.H. Tremayne, Esq., is lord of the manors of Thrushelton, and Canonbarn, impropriator of the rectory, and patron of the vicarage, which is annexed to that of Mary Stowe. J.G. Newton and several smaller owners have estates here. The Church (St. George,) is a small structure, with a tower and five bells. The tithes were commuted in 1839, the rectorial for £130, and the vicarial for £109 per annum." [From White's Devonshire Directory (1850)]
A parish in Lifton Hundred, the Archdeaconry of Totnes and the Diocese of Exeter.