[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)]
"THRUSHELTON, a parish in the hundred of Lifton, county Devon, 9 miles N. of Tavistock, and 10 S.W. of Oakhampton. The village is situated on the river Haine. The living is a curacy annexed to the vicarage of Marystow, in the diocese of Exeter. The church is dedicated to St. George. There is a National school for both sexes. J. H. Tremayne, Esq., is lord of the manor.