St Marychurch in Torbay is one of the oldest settlements in South Devon. Its earliest documentary record dates from around 1050 AD. Its name derives from the church of St Mary that was founded in Anglo-Saxon times. It is first mentioned during Bishop Leofric's occupation of the see of Exeter 1050-1072; in 1086 the Domesday Book recorded two manors at St Marychurch: The first held by Osbern Bishop of Exeter may be identified as that at Combe Pafford. The other, as St Marychurch proper, was held by one Richard son of Thorulf from its tenant-in-chief, the Count of Mortain. Google with the Archive Organization has sponsored the digitisation of books from several libraries. The Internet Archive makes available, in its Community Texts Collection (originally known as Open Source Books), books that have been digitised by Google from a number of libraries. These are books on which copyright has expired, and are available free for educational and research use. This rare book was produced from a copy held by the University of Michigan Library, and is available from the Internet Archive.