Open a form to report problems or contribute information
A Topographical Dictionary of England
Samuel Lewis (1831)
Transcript copyright Mel Lockie (Sep 2016)
MARY (ST.) CHURCH, a parish in the hundred of HAYTOR, county of DEVON, 2 miles (N. W.) from Torbay, containing 1005 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Totness, and diocese of Exeter, rated in the king's books at £.31.11., and in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Exeter. Elias Waymouth, in 1755, gave a rentcharge of £2 for teaching poor boys.