"TRUSHAM is a parish and village, on the river Teign, one mile north-east from Trusham station on the Teign Valley branch of the Great Western railway, 8 south-west from Exeter, 4 north-east from Bovey Tracey and 8 north from Newton Abbot, in the Mid division of the county, Exminster hundred, Teignbridge petty sessional division, Newton Abbot union, Newton Abbot and Torquay county court district, rural deanery of Moreton, archdeaconry of Totnes and diocese of Exeter. The church of St. Michael, erected in 1259 and the aisle added in 1430, is an ancient building of stone in the Early Engish and Perpendicular styles with traces of Norman work. . . . the church was thoroughly restored in 1865, when the stained east window and a smaller one were inserted as memorials to the Rev. William Edward Brendon, who died in 1864; and there are others to Mrs. Cotgrave, d. 1849, and R. E. F. Cotgrave, d. 1873, and to the wife of the Rev. O. H. Cary, rector: a painting in panels, dated 1583, with the arms of Stapenhill, occupies part of the north chancel wall, where also are monuments to the Stooke family, 1677-97. . . . The village is noted for the delightful views in its neighbourhood. . . . The chief crops are wheat and barley. The area is 618 acres of land and 7 of water; rateable value, £874; the population in 1901 was 165." [From: Kelly's Directory of Devonshire, 1902]
According to Peskett, a parish in the Archdeaconry and Diocese of Exeter.